1. The spam I received from Kyels.
Turning 21 this year didn't really affect me in the way I thought it would.
I expected myself to plan a huge birthday shindig with all my friends but, I ended up just having dinner with my parents at Sage. Not complaining though, the food was amazing!
2. What I wore that night! You like?
3. Before dinner.
4. Mom and dad really spoiled me that night, letting me order from the seasonal menu.
5. Appetizer. This wasn't part of my order, we all had one. I've never really had something like this before and I wasn't expecting much. I mean look at it! It's a tiny spoon with a tiny portion of food. Omg was I wrong. BURSTING WITH FLAVOUR AND SO WELL SEASONED. You'll have to forgive me. My birthday was in May and I've forgotten what exactly it is I ate that night. I'll probably elaborate more on the ones I remember.
6. I think this was another appetizer. Some fish carpaccio. DELISH. I love any sort of seafood carpaccio. Yum yum yum. Not too overpowering or fishy.
7. SCALLOPS AND RISOTTO. With some crispy thing on top and SEAWEED. My favorite! I could've had 10 more portions of this wtf. I kept going on and on about it and was THIS CLOSE to ordering another. But dad told me not to embarrass him. :(
8. I don't recall what fish this was, but I didn't quite like this particular dish. The cream sauce was sour and overpowering and kind of killed the taste of the fish. The fried vegetable on top was soggy and tasteless.
9. My sorbet palate cleanser.
10. CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT THIS ONE WAS. Definitely some beef dish.. :x Polished it in seconds.
11. Some souffle for dessert. I didn't like it because the souffle had too much alcohol in it. I ate it with the ice cream in hopes that it would kill some of the taste but I think the combination of both just enhanced the sharp taste of bourbon or wtv it was in there.
12. Mom snuck off sometime during the dinner (probably while I was stuffing my face, which is why I didn't notice) and got the staff to prepare a slice of tiramisu for me. I AM SO GLAD THAT WE HAD DINNER IN A FANCY PLACE. The possibility of them singing happy birthday to you at the top of their lungs and forcing you to stand on a chair to make a speech, was practically non-existent.
Oh and that's the shadow of my dad's hand reaching for my cake.
13. Felt super pampered and grateful that night. Thanks again for dinner, Mom and Dad.
I also went to Sekeping Serendah for 1D1N with my closest friends to celebrate my birthday.
Update on that next time!